LanCul's purpose is to open people’s minds to the rich diversity in language and culture. We aim to become a part of the community by way of shared values and mutual respect and to promote diversity and openness. By questioning the status quo and constantly pursuing our values we will continue to grow and become a much-loved brand. In order to achieve this, we work passionately and act with honesty and sincerity. We cherish our relationship with every members and mates to be connected beyond their language and culture barrier.
Our purpose is to cherish the relationships with our members, to help them open their minds to the possibilities of life and to share stories as we grow together. We create real connections. LanCul is a safe space where everyone can express themselves through language and cultural exchange. This is a place where our Mates and members can build bonds to last a lifetime.
There’s the typical job, then there’s a career at LanCul. Where we’ll challenge you to defy routine, to explore the far reaches of the possible, to travel unchartered paths and to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description.
We are seeking an experienced designer to join our design team in a culture-driven organization. The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight everyone. By constantly focusing on the users, we’ll create products and services that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to people. Join LanCul, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
You will be responsible for researching, marketing, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Marketing, and Senior Management.
Deliverables include design mock-ups, prototyping, production of visual assets and producing documentation required for implementation with engineering and marketing teams.
• Passion for LanCul’s culture and values
• 5+ year experience in user-centered design with hands-on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation
• Experienced in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mock-ups, interactive prototypes, design specifications, final assets as well as personas and use case development
• Familiarity with digital advertising, social media platforms and AB testing
• Understanding of affiliate marketing model
• Work as part of a cross-functional team, partnering with users, marketing, engineering, business analysts and development teams to deliver business value
• Programs knowledge: Familiarity with Design and Prototyping software such as: Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle or equivalent
• Strong written and oral communication skills (Most of our members are Japanese)
TBD upon offer
Working hours and locations: Ultra flexible
Other Benefits: Visa sponsorships, self-managed style of working hours and days-off, 20% rule (challenging new areas, projects), stock option system, etc.
Yearly days-off: 105-120days, (+ an additional two extra days/year)